Promoting the brand on this social network platform attracts an eye of number of users who are either actually looking for services or just using for their own personal interest; the either way the main concern is to attract the attention of the user. Such promotion of a brand using Facebook, to increase the popularity is called as Facebook Marketing.
Facebook has come up with this single networking platform on a broad scale which provides more technologically sound methods to integrate with the prevailing marketing strategies and output more result than achieved before. Facebook provides a number of marketing tools. Some of them can be listed as:
- Integration with the website: Using this facebook developer tool, an organization can easily place a Facebook “LIKE” button onto their web-page which provides them a user interface that directs them to place a like button on their web page. So, whenever any individual visits the web page and press the like button, the company’s facebook page is automatically added in the users’ liked pages and all the updates are posted on the wall of the users, to make them visible to its connections.
- FB Ads or Adverts: While using the personal space of FB account, each user gets an option to view the advertisements present on the extreme right corner of their screen. FB provides companies to place their website or product as an Ad in that space, so a user can view that ad and can contact the organization in the “hour of need“.
- Creating Pages: We all join different pages those match our interests to get the information out of these pages. These pages are basically meant to market the presence of the concerned company and promoting itself by providing useful information in more fun-oriented manner. It can be referred as the mouth-publicity in digital world where people promote the page by sharing or liking the page and even sharing the link with friends in chats or wall posts.
- Using small FB apps: FB apps are generally presented to increase the user interaction with the FB page. When a user spends more time on the page and enjoys being on the page, he definitely refer it to other user so that the user also experience visiting the page and have a nice time, which directly promotes the FB page and indirectly publicizes the presence of the company.
And, like any other marketing strategy, Facebook marketing is no different and need relationships to sustain its reputation in social network. User interaction sessions should be included to maintain this reputation and conversation like:
- What users want to have in their liked page?
- What users like in the current page’s status?
- What is that users don’t like about?
If a user comments on any post or places a query on the wall, it should be answered in a professional manner, keeping the essence of a personal relationship. No one would like to have an interaction session that sounds lame and is monotonous like a robot answering.
Social media market is not oriented only for a particular domain of industry rather many software development companies with their technically sophisticated and complex products, are taking advantage from this platform. Every Software Development Company should step-up on social network to find out their potential clients.
It should be noted that the goal of promoting the brand should be kept as prior concern but along with that the content presented should be kept with the intention of covering a wider spectrum of users such that even the most general user can understand the basic concept of the content or the discussion going on.